Header Ads

Mum's supermarket trip completely nails the reality of doing a weekly shop with your partner

There are some activities which, when done together, can bring a couple closer.
Admittedly, these tend to be fun things, like going on holiday, or having a nice meal out somewhere.

Newchic.com INT

Stuff like grouting a bathroom or sleep-training your baby? Less fun.
You can also add 'doing the weekly food shop' to this list of anti-fun activities.
We all have our own styles and ways of handling the dreaded supermarket trip and sometimes, sadly, our style isn't compatible with our partner's.

Take this mum's word for it.

Blogger and mum, Rachaele Hambleton )aka the Part-Time Working Mummy ) took to her Facebook page to highlight - with alarming and hilarious accuracy - the reality of doing the weekly shop with your partner.
"As a rule Josh and I don't do the food shop together..mainly because he turns into a stingy t*** and I like to pretend I'm a multi-millionaire."


Which is a sentiment we can relate to.
Owing to their kids' club running over, on Sunday the couple were forced to do the deed together and Rachaele chose Sainsbury's - "just to piss him off" - and then she also chose the food.
"Our first row started before we'd even got out the car because I'd removed the bags out of 'his' boot. No-one is allowed to remove the bags out of 'his' boot.
"I informed him I'd removed the bags to fit in four scooters and a football during the Christmas holidays.
"The Christmas holidays where he went back to work in the second week like a clever f***** and I was still on annual leave trying to entertain five bored, miserable mini-terrorists in hideous weather conditions.


"If I hadn't removed those bags out of 'his' boot to get the kids out of the house that day things would be far far worse for him right now..."

Eventually, they arrived at the shop, where things escalated.

"I pop in olives and hummus in the trolley. He takes them out and puts them back on the shelf telling me he's sick of looking at my fridge ornaments that he puts in the bin, unopened, after a fortnight.
"I hide them back in the trolley under the loaf of bread and whisper the word 'c***' under my breath.

Newchic.com INT

"He picks up a spag bol ready meal for Edie's dinner on Tuesday at nursery; I pop it back and tell him I'm going to make one from fresh so it's healthy and they'll be more food to freeze down.
"He tells me I will never find the time to do this.
"I smile and tell him to f*** off.
"I pick up an Air Wick plug-in.
"He tells me I love to waste money.


"I tell him I like the house to smell nice and homely and I give him the finger behind his back.
"I buy all the kids new drinks bottles because they're on offer, and they're matching, and they have different colours so they won't fight.
"He rolls his eyes in annoyance at me - I remind him he wouldn't understand this genius purchase because he's not ever home in the mornings to witness the punch ups over drinks bottles."

Things continue in this fashion for at least two more products.

Then, a "lovely lady" intervenes.
"She tells us she loves the page and finds it funny and we should be proud of what we've achieved; we both smile and thank her and look really happy and united when in reality we're both ready to separate permanently and never see each other again and we've not even reached the meat aisle."


There's a further dispute over purchasing shopping bags, which sees Rachaele emerge victorious and Josh take defeat badly.
"Anyway," Rachaele finishes, "I'm now sat in my lovely home which smells of crisp linen and vanilla whilst looking at my fridge full of ornaments looking like I've got shares in innocent smoothies.



"However I'm way too tired to make Edie's dinner from scratch so b******* to it, I'll stop at Spar on the way to nursery tomorrow and buy her a ready meal."
Having detailed her shopping trip, other parents (mostly mums, admittedly) have delighted in what's a pretty spot-on representation of co-shopping.

沒有留言

技術提供:Blogger.