Header Ads

Theresa May insists she's not out of touch after wearing £995 leather trousers

Theresa May has denied she is out of touch after wearing a £995 pair of leather trousers for a photoshoot and admitting she scoffs goose for Christmas lunch.
The Prime Minister triggered criticism for wearing the luxury trousers in a glossy magazine spread.
And she later told the Radio Times she prefers goose to turkey for her traditional festive roast.
Shrugging off criticism of her designer fashion and choice of Christmas meal, she insisted she was standing up for ordinary families.

GearBest.com INT
“Look, I stood on the steps of Downing Street and said what I did about the importance of a country that works for everyone because that is what I have heard from people as I've gone around the country, as I've met people in a whole variety of circumstances,” she said.
“I believe it is important for politicians to get out and about, and that's exactly what I continue to do.”
Mrs May was ridiculed for wearing a pair of bitter chocolate Amanda Wakeley trousers while posing for pictures with a Sunday Times Magazine photographer last month.


Mrs May made the comments on the way to Bahrain
Former Education Secretary Nicky Morgan, who was sacked when Mrs May became Prime Minister in July, claimed the outfit choice had been “noticed and discussed”.
She added: “I don't think I've ever spent that much on anything apart from my wedding dress.”
In another botched bid to soften her public image, Mrs May was persuaded to reveal how she spends her perfect Christmas Day.

GearBest.com INT
But the attempt backfired as she told how, unlike most of Britain, she chooses not to tuck into traditional turkey on December 25.


Theresa May is partial to a bit of goose
“I always like to cook the Christmas meal myself. But it won’t be turkey,” she said.
“For a few years now we have tended to have goose instead.
“If you keep the fat, it makes wonderful roast potatoes for quite a long time thereafter.”
Mrs May launched the defence of her clothes and cooking on board her RAF Voyager plane as she flew to Bahrain for a summit.


It was her fourth trip on the Airbus A330 jet, which underwent a £10million makeover after being ordered by her predecessor David Cameron .

沒有留言

技術提供:Blogger.